Do you love working on behalf of children, fostering their growth and development? Do you want a job that is challenging, gratifying, and allows you the opportunity to impact tens of thousands of youth each year? Focusing on our three Pillars of Student Success: Entrepreneurship, Work Readiness and Financial Literacy, JA staff enjoy a culture of mutual respect and co-worker camaraderie.
This essential position is a front-line relationship builder who works to connect the business community with our local school districts. As part of a collaborative team environment, this role provides direct support to community volunteers; training them on the Junior Achievement curriculum focused on career readiness, financial literacy and entrepreneurship. This is a part-time position with great flexibility and the opportunity to work primarily from home.
- Collaborate with school personnel to successfully organize all student experiences.
- Renew and recruit program volunteer commitments throughout the community.
- Manage program quality through training programs and evaluations.
- Market new and updated program opportunities to school administrators and teachers.
- Renew program commitments of schools and teachers.
- Local travel to schools and within business community for trainings, presentations, delivery of materials, etc.
- Act as a team player by appropriately involving others in decisions and plans that affect them. Regularly invites and builds on the ideas and input of colleagues and work groups.
- Consistently make sound decisions on everyday issues. Demonstrate a drive to work towards resolving routine and unexpected problems with innovative and alternative solutions.
- Ability to manage data appropriately and efficiently. Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products, specifically, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Inspire and energize others to action to further Junior Achievement’s mission by clarifying the purpose and impact.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences and demonstrate capacity to actively listen. Connect with others by taking a genuine interest and relate in an open,
respectful and friendly manner.
- Identify and anticipate the expectations and needs of various Junior Achievement stakeholder needs.
JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT OF EASTERN IOWA VALUES:
- Belief in the boundless potential of young people
- Commitment to the principles of market-based economics and entrepreneurship
- Passion for what we do and honesty, integrity and excellence in how we do it
- Respect for the talents, creativity, perspectives and backgrounds of all individuals
- Belief in the power of partnership and collaboration
- Conviction in the education and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning