Do you love working on behalf of children, fostering their growth and development? Do you want a job that is challenging, gratifying, and allows you the opportunity to impact tens of thousands of youth each year? Focusing on our three Pillars of Student Success: Entrepreneurship, Work Readiness and Financial Literacy, JA staff enjoy a culture of mutual respect and co-worker camaraderie.
This new and critical position is a relationship builder who provides the community with opportunities to impact local students. As part of a collaborative team environment, this role generates financial and volunteer resources to further the Junior Achievement mission focused on career readiness, financial literacy and entrepreneurship. This is a full-time, entry-level fundraising position with competitive wages, benefits and bonus potential, great for candidates looking to enter the non-profit industry.
- Collaborate with Regional Director to identify prospective donors to drive new business
- Create fund development strategies related to new fundraising efforts.
- Manage and maintain donor database which tracks prospects and funding history.
- Assists Regional Director in preparation for other proposals as needed.
- Work within and maintain budget goals.
- Assist with annual special events, as needed.
- Act as a team player by appropriately involving others in decisions and plans that affect them.
Regularly invites and builds on the ideas and input of colleagues and work groups.
- Consistently make sound decisions on everyday issues. Demonstrate a drive to work towards
resolving routine and unexpected problems with innovative and alternative solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences and demonstrate capacity
to actively listen. Connect with others by taking a genuine interest and relate in an open,
respectful and friendly manner.
- Inspire and energize others to action to further Junior Achievement’s mission by clarifying the
purpose and impact.
- Identify and anticipate the expectations and needs of various Junior Achievement
- Ability to manage data appropriately and efficiently. Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office
Suite products, specifically, Word, Excel and Outlook.
JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT OF EASTERN IOWA VALUES:
- Belief in the boundless potential of young people
- Commitment to the principles of market-based economics and entrepreneurship
- Passion for what we do and honesty, integrity and excellence in how we do it
- Respect for the talents, creativity, perspectives and backgrounds of all individuals
- Belief in the power of partnership and collaboration
- Conviction in the education and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning